Climate resilient development
Climate change risks are integrated into Nepal’s development planning and implementation of development projects.
Under this output, a cross-sector core group of government departments and international and national sector specialist are undertaking sector-based vulnerability assessments and adaptation plans in eight case study districts.
Climate change threat profiles will provide sector departments with information on long-term climate projections relevant to their sector across the country’s ecological zones.
The result will be new design standards, innovations and technology to make existing and future infrastructure investments more climate-resilient.
The sector departments are:
- Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development
- Department of Roads
- Department of Local Infrastructure Development and Roads Department of Irrigation
- Department of Water Supply and Sanitation
- Department of Urban Development and Building Construction Department of Water Induced Disaster Prevention
- Department of Hydrology and Meteorology